Welcome to Bug Lady Page

My blog is designed to help you study for microbiology while you are preparing your pre-nursing education. I will post slide presentations, quizzes, crossword puzzles and other learning tools. Use the blog with any standard non-major microbiology textbook.

Friday, May 2, 2008

And the Blog Played on

The only way to learn how to blog is to write one and improve on it. Read students' comments and pay heed to them. Students certainly know what a good blog looks like.

I certainly would copy the side bar from Option Command where all the links to cool tools are parked. I will immediately start with AuthorSTREAM and PdfMeNot. Students bring laptops to class and I will link them to Web 2.0 backpack for note taking and organizing tips. I would take polls on the textbook and the individual lab instructions. I already encourage writing opinions and comments in a separate section of the lab report. It helps me teach a better course.

Last but not least, a blog will allow me to keep in touch with students who graduated. One student was pregnant during class and her baby was born a month after finals. Everyone wanted to see pictures. A blog is a good space for sharing news of alumni, provide tips about job openings, advise incoming classes on interview strategies and, yes, on how to survive Ms. Bug Lady's microbiology course.

No comments: