Welcome to Bug Lady Page

My blog is designed to help you study for microbiology while you are preparing your pre-nursing education. I will post slide presentations, quizzes, crossword puzzles and other learning tools. Use the blog with any standard non-major microbiology textbook.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Don't throw that cheese yet!

In honor of Earth day I will address a stinking problem: when do you throw food away? I have an apocalyptic view of life. Soon we will all starve and you just don't throw food away. My husband is of "the better safe than sorry" persuasion and will toss anything that is remotely suspicious such as good apples with a brown dimple.

So I went to the source, if you will, the Food and Drug Administration, which offers some recommendation on what to keep and what to throw.

I guess I will have to throw those green fuzzy tomatoes now.

Bon appetit!

No comments: